On Aug 17, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Luis EG Ontanon wrote:

> On 8/17/07, Andreas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> However, while I now have the player and can even see a graphic
>> representation of the audio, it refuses to play. Exporting to .au
>> still fails with "codec not supported".
>
> "codec not supported" seems to me an error coming from portaudio,

We just hand PortAudio a sequence of 16-bit samples, as far as I can
tell; we're the ones who do the decoding (in decode_rtp_packet() in
gtk/rtp_player.c).

However, *exporting* is a separate operation.  It doesn't issue a
"codec not supported" error.  However, it *does* issue an "Unsupported
codec!" error (note to the original poster - getting the text of an
error message *exactly* right can be important, if we have to figure
out where the message is coming from).