Hi James,

As for native support for SOAP in the yet to be released v5.0 of Witango - I
don't have any hard information for you :-]

But I have successfully implemented SOAP (with WSDL) in a couple large
projects now, using just Witango v4.0 - without resorting to any external
processes or SOAP Client.

Without getting into your specific needs or any extensive SOAP operability -
Yes, it is even possible at the moment using version 4.0 with SP1. Plus at
the very least, Witango v5.0 has some new features (such as a configurable
return size for <@URL>) to help make SOAP even friendlier. Is this all you
need to know right now?

I am working towards a suite of SOAP functions that will run with Witango
v4.0 (and v5.0???) - but I likely won't be able to finish this until
sometime after v5.0 is released, because I waiting to see also what other
features the Witango team are working on.

In the meantime, if you need a working solution prior to v5.0 - please
contact me off-list. I would be glad to help.

Hope this helps. Cheers...

Scott Cadillac
http://xml-extra.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

VP, Research and Development
Plus International Corp.
604-460-1843
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.plusinternational.com

Vancouver, BC, Canada

Does your company have an Enterprise Information Portal? Check out Salsa at
www.plusinternational.com/flash/salsa.htm