We are running a VERY old version (3.0 Enterprise) of Tango, so this
may, or may not help.  We are running it on a Sparc system.  Here is a
shell script (checktango.sh) one of our past SAs (C. Vontz, hence the
subdirectory name) wrote to restart Tango.  Hope this helps at least a
little.

Cheers.

Gene Beaird

# more checktango.sh
count=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep -c tangod`
thedate=`date`
if [ $count = 0 ] ; then
  echo "" >> /etc/vontz/tangorestarts.log
  ps -ef | grep tangod >> /etc/vontz/tangorestarts.log
  su - tango -c "/var/opt/EDI/bin/tangod"
  echo "Tango went down and a restart was attempted ${thedate}" >>