I have some software running on another server called IP Monitor from
www.mediahouse.com that will moniter servers, web sites, services,
routers.....  It has the ability to notify you via several different methods
and perform tasks when certian events happen.  I think it cost around $300 to
$400 for the unlimited server monitor version.  It works great and for the
price you can't beat it.  If you are concerned about your systems being up,
you should look into it.  All the other products I looked at that has the same
functionality started over $2000.

Ideally you would want to run it on another machine to monitor your web
server, so if the web server crashes, it can notify you.  Ideally, you would
get 2 copeies and run them on 2 servers so the servers can moniter each other,
or hook up with a friend and you moniter their servers while he monitors
yours.

Troy Sosamon

Troy Sosamon
Denver Co