OK, I need the advice from some of you guru's out there. This is
probably simple but for some reason its escaping me.

    I have a database that contains prescriptions added by a doctors
office. One of the fields in the record is a timestamp. Now, the office has
asked me to create a report indicating the number of records added to the
database per day. I can't use the timestamp field as it is because each one
is unique. I've tried using the MSSQL convert function convert(char(11),
DateAdded) but I get a result like Jul 15, 2002 and when sorted June comes
out after July and April comes out first.

    Has anyone done this before and be willing to share the SQL code with
me? I know it's gotta be simple yet I just can't see the solution. What I'd
like is a date result and a count, like:

2002-06-15  48
2002-06-17  10
2002-07-01  46

etc.

    Thanks! Any help is greatly apprecaited.

    As Always,
    Gene Wolf

---