A single user Pervasive.SQL windows personal engine costs $25 list price. Though the
database is not XML format like Witango TAFs, it provides transparent portability
across Linux, Windows, NetWare and Solaris platforms. No Mac, though. I like the
database for many reasons and I would happy to take that discussion offline.
Important note: When you deploy a single user engine, or unlimited user server
engine (12 grand) with any webserver or through any web appserver, you need to pay
Internet License fee ($2,500). I am not too thrilled with that, but those are the
rules. If you only use the engines for only yourself, the license fee is not
applicable.
Regarding moving the PSQL demo db tables to a different db, you may be able to link
the databases in MS Access and import export the tables relatively painlessly.

Sri Amudhanar
Maxys Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED], www.maxys.com
703 729 0600