Wow, that is strange - the application.ini file shows a modified date of
just a couple days ago - the day before my problem happened.  And I'm sure I
didn't modify it.  I've changed the password and secured the config folder -
but the server still can't load application scope variables.  The
application.ini file looks OK to me - how would I go about fixing the
original problem?

(here's the application.ini file):

[Applications]
Config=For the Tango 2000 Configuration application
Default=This application controls everything in the web root which is not
part of another application.
Demos=For the demos provided with Tango 2000

[Default]
CUSTOMSCOPESWITCH=on
EXTERNALSWITCH=on
FILEDELETESWITCH=on
FILEREADSWITCH=on
FILEWRITESWITCH=on
JAVASCRIPTSWITCH=on
JAVASWITCH=on
MAILSWITCH=on
PASSTHROUGHSWITCH=on
PATH="/"

[Demos]
CUSTOMSCOPESWITCH=on
EXTERNALSWITCH=on
FILEDELETESWITCH=on
FILEREADSWITCH=on
FILEWRITESWITCH=on
JAVASCRIPTSWITCH=on
JAVASWITCH=on
MAILSWITCH=on
PASSTHROUGHSWITCH=on
PATH=/Tango2000/Demos

[Config]
CUSTOMSCOPESWITCH=on
EXTERNALSWITCH=on
FILEDELETESWITCH=on
FILEREADSWITCH=on
FILEWRITESWITCH=on
JAVASCRIPTSWITCH=on
JAVASWITCH=on
MAILSWITCH=on
MAILSWITCH=on
PASSTHROUGHSWITCH=on
PATH=/Tango2000/Config

Ok,

--Quick explain of the application.ini--
Witango application files belong to the application specified by the
immediately dominating application path. For example, if there are two
applications, "A" and "B", and the path to "A" is /foo/ (that is, the
foo folder within the Web server document root) and the path of
application "B" is foo/bar, the file foo/bar/example.taf belongs to
application "B", not "A".

The application.ini file is where these folder boundaries for each
application are defined.
--

ok, can you check the dates of the ini files in you configuration folder
if they are todays, baring you haven't made changes and just viewed,

also, check that the APPCONFIGFILE= reflects where the applications.ini
is locatated.

Also under IIS you might want to stop the config.taf from being
accessible from the net.

Just trying to help here, there have been recent hacks against
Tango/Witango servers

Ben Johansen - http://www.pcforge.com
Authorized Witango Reseller http://www.pcforge.com/WitangoGoodies.htm