Hi Jamileh,

The trick with downloading documents (example, a MS Word doc that is stored
server-side) with Witango (using the method I describe in my article) - is
that anything you add to the output of the TAF will interfer with the
content of the document you are trying to download.

Adding anything (spaces, comments, etc,,,) to the TAF output is therefore
not part of the original MS Word document, and will therefore corrupt what
you are trying to retreive and give you some very unexpected results.

You follow me?

This download behavior (restriction) will be true for any Web-application
environment you use, like ASP, PHP or ColdFusion used to retrieve
server-side documents.

Remember, when retrieving something this way, you are working with Binary
(or pure text) output - NOT HTML output.

This is why <@purgeresults> is used just before dumping in the variable with
the document contents into your output - to cleanout any extra garbage
spaces or text before hand.

Hope this helps. Cheers....

Scott Cadillac
VP, Research and Development
Plus International Corp.
403-281-6090
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.plusinternational.com

Does your company have an Enterprise Information Portal? Check out Salsa at
www.plusinternational.com/flash/salsa.htm