First, the hyperlink to a course registration is only active if the
course is not full.

Next, when you follow the hyperlink, it inserts a record with the course
id.  This is a place holder record that will be updated when the
registration is complete.  Any subsequent attempts to access the course
will depend on whether the maximum number has been reached.

The Mom completes the registration, and the updates are written.

If Mom has two kids to register, there may not be room for both.  Of
course if she's clever and is reading this thread, she'll open up two
browser windows so that she gets her records inserted at 8am.

Bill Conlon

To the Point
345 California Avenue Suite 2
Palo Alto, CA 94306