Way too long. Especially with so many people trying to sign up for courses.
Something has to actually trigger the update to the database.

Right now my solution is to check again on course count before they checkout
and just change it to sorry full in their basket. Only problem is I can see
how it would be frustrating for the user and would prefer to somehow hold
that spot for 10 minutes as Ian suggests and then just remove it form their
basket and update the count if it is not paid for.
--
Dan Stein
Digital Software Solutions