Ah, found it :-)

dImage doesnt support creating and/or converting GIF files. Does anyone know
of any other image resizer utlity that can resize GIF's aswell?

Regards
Peter
dImage Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why does dImage not support GIF files?

  A. Creating and converting GIF images is a copyrighted method of Unisys
Corporation. In order to support GIF images, we would have to pay a high
licensing fee to Unisys, which we may do in the future, but not at this
time.

Q. Can I add my own text to the images, the same way you add your evaluation
text before I purchased it?

  A. Using dImage, no. But we plan on releasing a new product, dImagePro
that will provide more image-editing features for ASP developers. This will
provide for adding text. There will be a special upgrade price for users of
dImage.

Q. My ASP page returns an error if dImage attempts to get an invalid image
file, and the error-checking method doesn't seem to work?

  A. This problem was fixed in version 1.1. Download and install the latest
version if you haven't yet