From: Robert Garcia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Update action with <@replace>

What is 'url'?

<@REPLACE STR=url FINDSTR="<@VAR vopassword>" REPLACESTR="<@VAR vnpassword>">

According to the above, the string is a constant 'url'. This should work (check encoding though):

<@assign local$url "http://website/results2.asp?u=244&R=on&h=username&o=password1">

<@REPLACE STR="@@local$url" FINDSTR="<@VAR vopassword>" REPLACESTR="<@VAR vnpassword>">

Robert.

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 12:12 PM, Ted Wolfley wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to do an update on a column called url in a table.  Each row in the column url is different and has data that looks like this:

http://website/results2.asp?u=244&R=on&h=username&o=password1

I would like to do an update that will only change "password1" to "password2" and everything else stay the same for that row like:

http://website/results2.asp?u=244&R=on&h=username&o=password2

I have tried using the update action with <@REPLACE STR=url FINDSTR="<@VAR vopassword>" REPLACESTR="<@VAR vnpassword>"> in the value colum of the acton. The variables"<@VAR vopassword>"  is the orginal password  and "<@VAR vnpassword>" is the new password.

 I have also tried this with direct DMBS using:

 UPDATE masterdetail  SET url=''

The problem seems to be that witango is not seeing the data in the column.  Is there way to do an update this way?

Thanks

Ted Wolfley

Database/Internet Programmer

The Ogden Group of Rochester