Hi Mihai,

I've been in your shoes before. What you need is for Witango to
automatically send you an email when an error occurs.

I quickly yanked some files from another project and put together something
that might help you.

How to set it up:

Either add the location of the "error-html.inc" file as the value for
DEFAULTERRORFILE, or just put the following in all of your Error HTML
results windows:

<@include file="<@appfilepath>error-html.inc">

The attached files:

~ "test-error.taf" - demonstrates an error on purpose, and executes the
error trap which automatically sends you an email.

~ "error-html.inc" - the include that captures data and calls the
"error-class.tcf" file.

~ "error-alert.inc" - supplement to "error-html.inc".

~ "error-class.tcf" - basic TCF file that contains the email action and
sends the error data.

~ "error-messages.xml" - for providing descriptions to custom errors that
you may throw. Maybe not be very useful to you, but it was easier to leave
the code in than to remove it. Just ignore it if you like.

The email action sends to the address of MAILDEFAULTFROM, so you might need
to configure this in your t4server.ini file, or hard code your own address.

Also make sure you have a working SMTP server configured in t4server.ini

Attached are versions for Witango v5 and Tango 2000 because scoping and
error trap features are different. The v5 of course writes the
Metastacktrace info.

There are few other features, but I'll leave those up to the curious to
figure out :-)

If anybody has trouble receiving these attachments, I'll also set these up
on my server and let you know the address shortly.

This code is provided free, without warranty and does not promise to solve
all of life's problems.....

The bottom of this email contains a sample of what data is captured:

Note: any variables generated during the error trap activity are not display
so as not to confuse the reader, plus any variable with the name "password"
or "ConfigPasswd" are purposely masked so as not to be exposed accidentally
to site visitors.

-18. Error during expression evaluation.

URL(port:80): localhost/witango/test/test-error.taf?sdfsd=sdddd
Client: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR
1.1.4322)
Client IP: 127.0.0.1
Client Referrer: [None]
Client HTTP Content-Type: [None]