Hi all !

I have tried out this example from Troy and Scott but can't get it to
work. It's probably some misunderstanding from me, but I try to get some
help anyway.
So I pull out my blob, a pdf file from the db (MSSQL) and use just a
test taf to do this:

<@ASSIGN NAME="filedata" SCOPE="Local"
VALUE="@@request$resultset[1,data]">

<@EXCLUDE>
<@ASSIGN NAME=ENCODERESULTS VALUE=FALSE SCOPE=LOCAL>
<@ASSIGN NAME=HttpHeader SCOPE=LOCAL
VALUE="Content-type: application/pdf<@CRLF><@SETCOOKIES><@CRLF>">
</@EXCLUDE><@var request$filedata ENCODING=NONE>

Now I would like Adobe reader to start inside my browser and show me the
pdf,  but instead I get:
Client Error
The response received from the application server is invalid.
On some occasions it shows the pdf binary data instead.

Hope for better knowledge after San Diego trip
Cheers...
Bengt Bredin, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sweden

Great work Troy,

Something to add, that I discovered the hard way, is that some versions
of
the Adobe Plug-in for PDF may not initialize properly because the
plug-in
needs to know the size of the document before hand.

So you might want to add "Content-Length:" to the HTTP Response header,
something like:

<@ASSIGN NAME=ENCODERESULTS VALUE=FALSE SCOPE=LOCAL>
<@ASSIGN NAME=HttpHeader SCOPE=LOCAL VALUE="Content-type:
application/pdf<@CRLF>Content-Length: <@LENGTH STR='<@COLUMN
<@DQ>articles.art_blob<@DQ>
ENCODING=NONE>'><@CRLF><@SETCOOKIES><@CRLF>"><@COLUMN
"articles.art_blob"
ENCODING=NONE>

Of course it might be more efficent to capture the <@LENGTH> on the
upload
and store it a separate field next to the PDF content.

Hope this helps. Cheers....

Scott Cadillac,
Witango.org - http://witango.org
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Information for the Witango Developer Community

XML-Extranet - http://xmlx.ca
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Well-formed Development (for hire)