There is no reason as far as I can tell that Witango would mess with the boot device. Usually problems like this have to do with the drivers or motherboard. Overheating may also cause wierd stuff. I would recommend that you check all fans in the box., stay away from any drivers and/or hardware that is not on the HAL list, and make sure you have the most up to date bios.

Believe it or not, I had a video card that was giving me fits for months because of the driver. It was not on the HAL list, but it always worked with NT 4.0 so I thought it was okay. The problem was I had to learn the hard way. There were no exception errors, nothing in the event viewer, no way to trace the problem. I ended up by running the machine in VGA mode for several months on a tip from a google search.... and WALLA WALLA BING BANG... no freezes, no errors, no missing boot devices etc. etc. etc.

I have been up for over 9 months now without a hiccup after replacing that video card...(knock on wood)

Hope this helps.

OK need some help from you windows experts.

For the second time in three months a server at the schools data center
running
Windows 200 Sever latest Service Packs
MS SQL 2000 latest service pack
IIS 5.0
WiTango Server latest version
VNC
Backup software

Has on reboot come up with invalid boot device.

It seems to want to blame this on WiTango so I am wondering if anyone else
has seen this and or they have other ideas.

They are installing windows to another partition or have put another drive
in to install it to and then they will bee able to get to the files.

Then on another machine they are restoring the whole system, apps etc from
tape.

Then we will move the latest files over.

Next week they will have the formerly crashed machine wiped and have Windows
2000 server installed. I will come in and install SQL 2000 and WiTango and
move the database and application files over.

But in the meantime what could be going on?

Dan

-- Dan Stein Digital Software Solutions 799 Evergreen Circle Telford PA 18969 Land: 215-799-0192 Mobile: 610-256-2843 Fax 413-410-9682 FMP, WiTango, EDI,SQL 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.dss-db.com