I know how to easily check if they differ, that is not the issue. The issue is that my fix write the cookie even if it already exists with the correct value. So I would like to read in the UserRef cookie to check it before writing, but it seems there is no way to actually verify if the cookie exists in the browser, and check its value.

What fixes are in the 5.01.066 wiis.dll? I am using 065.

also, since I have done my workaround, I have had several people try to break session state all day. It is rock solid now, and all I did was replace <@userreferencecookies> with the set cookie clause from the manual.

I cannot think of any configuration on my end that would make this problem unique to me accept that this is an extremely trafficed site where the problems are noticed. I was using the default header before, with the header.tml file blank. I even checked that the default header was being created properly by checking the value of <@var system$httpHeader>.

Robert