I have noticed that for any TCF object, no matter how simple (even an empty
one), the property reads "Thread Safe:  No".

According to the documentation:
"If the field indicates No (not thread safe), Witango Server waits for one
execution of the instance to complete before it starts another, to avoid any
interference between the two. From the user's perspective, the difference is
in performance only. "
If this is true, what difference does it make if we have an algorithm to
handle critical sections?

For all practical reasons, once one creates such an object there is a
performance penalty.
Perhaps the documentation should more clearly state this problem with TCFs.

The "thread safe" subject is so briefly mentioned in the manual is difficult
to understand why is it mentioned at all...

Where do I go wrong?

- Mike.