Dan,

Good points certainly, but I'm with Roland about the ODBC (or at least JDBC, as ODBC never worked very well before, but JDBC did) issue. I'm impressed with the features, but Filemaker has historically been so entrenched in the Mac market to have them ship a product without a feature they touted so strongly in the last release seems to be a huge step backward. It's just too insular a stance to take with their software - there are too many reasons to make sure it's there; Witango connectivity is only one. There are a lot of other reasons that external applications would need/want to connect with FMP, and without that available I think it will really hurt adoption of this version and retention of current customers.

Just my 2 cents...

Jason