Okay, here's the deal.

Witango 2000
Win2K

I have a program that I purchased that allows me to write directly to pdfs via web input. The pdfs already exist, and the program automatically saves the altered pdfs as a timestamp and random number. The program utilizes asp to accomplish this.

I am using the <@URL> tag to run the program via Witango and it is working well (thanks), but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out a way to get the new pdf file name into a variable. I need this so I can write a routine that will email the file and save the info in a db.

Tha last line in the ASP file allows for an embed to display the newly created pdf. I don't want to display the pdf, but I need to get the name somwhow over to Witango. Is this possible? the last line is...

<embed src="./<%Response.Write filename%>"></embed>

I take it that "filename" is the asp variable. I also take it that <%Respone.Write filename%> can be used to write out and display the name (which it does).

Is there any way to carry this variable into a Witango variable? Kind of like...

<@ASSIGN pdfName "<%Respone.Write filename%>">

Thanks

I am an ASP and VBscript illiturate.

:-)