Hey Daniel!

What database are you using? I know MySQL can do the trigonometric
functions in a select statement and you could order your result from
the database...

Doing trig functions is pretty gross efficiency wise. You might want
to store some of the functions that aren't going to change in your
location table. ie. Have columns for:
SIN(<@COLUMN 'Adressen.Geo_Breite'>)
COS(<@COLUMN 'Adressen.Geo_Breite'>)
in the same table that Adressen.Geo_Breite is stored in. As well, pre-calculate:
COS(@@User$Breite_1) and
SIN(@@User$Breite_1) to avoid doing this calculation 2500 times.

You might want to play with that formula and optimize it. I'm not
super hot with my trig identites, but I'm sure you could put it into a
form that allows you to store as much information in the database as
possible. Then you would only have to do a couple of calculations in
your actual select statement.

Interesting problem...let us know what route you eventually take.

Cheers,
Jonah Simpson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]