has been a while since I played with FMP data sources, but there might be something in the taf that refers to those datasources that needs manual editing (the yen character disappeared, etc.)

I can almost always crash the studio by going to a datasource and adding tables to it - that is, adding tables to the real database and then coming into the studio and reloading the datasource so as to see the new tables. there are a few actions like that where I can count on a studio crash.