Make sure that the plugin is only loading once in the httpd.conf file. Try calling a non existent taf file and see if you receive an error message from the Witango plugin or the apache server. This is the easiest way to see if the plugin is loaded and apache is passing requests to it. You can also try adding mime mappings for the Witango file extensions after the load module lines (check the name of the Witango module):

# The following lines load the Witango 5.5 module for Apache 2 to enable communication with the Witango Application Server
LoadModule WitangoModule modules/witango55_apache2.dll
WitangoModule witango55_apache2.so
AddType application/witango-application-file taf tml thtml tcf wws

Witango Support