Ben,

Thanks for the different idea, I’ll give it a try and see if it will work for what I have to do.

Mike

From: Ben Johansen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 6:50 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Case Sensitivity

Ha!

you never said anything about server side scripting

<@assign local$pass1 'Witango'>

<@assign local$pass2 'witango'>

<@assign local$X ''>

<@SCRIPT SCOPE=LOCAL>

var pass1 = server.getVariable('pass1', 'local');

var pass2 = server.getVariable('pass2', 'local');

var isEQ = false;

if (pass1 == pass2)

{

isEQ = true;

}

else

{

isEQ = false;

}

server.setVariable('X',isEQ, 'local');

</@SCRIPT>

Pass1 = @@Local$pass1<br>

Pass2 = @@Local$pass2<br>

answer<br>

@@local$X

Ben

On Jun 5, 2006, at 6:46 AM, Willochell, Mike wrote:

Hello,

Would anyone know of a simple way in Tango to make a case sensitive comparison of alpha-numeric strings?

What I really need to do is check passwords that get submitted though forms against values stored in a database table using a Search or Direct DBMS action. I know I can enable case sensitivity on the database, but this is global and would affect too many other applications, so this is not a viable option. For security, I also want to avoid using any client side scripting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike