Title: Re: Witango-Talk: @ASSIGN & XML?
Hmmmm that is interesting indeed! Does the <@LITERAL> assign the text following it to someDOMname?

On 7/25/06 4:44 PM, "Dale Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You have to be careful on your quoting, too...

<@assign name="someDOMname" scope="request" value="<@dom value='
<startthevalues>
<value1>Somevalue</value1>
<value2>Somevalue2</value2></startthevalues>
'>">

and mighten it be a good idea to call this with <@literal > (see below)  ? Scott can speak better to this than I can.

<@assign name="someDOMname" scope="request" value="<@dom value='<@literal "<startthevalues>
<value1>Somevalue</value1>
<value2>Somevalue2</value2></startthevalues>
">'>">

On Jul 25, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Kaustav Acharya wrote:

Hi there,

 I am fairly new at all this, so please bear with me...

 So here is what I am trying to do. Take some information acquired by a user on a form, store them in variables, put the variables in XML format, assign the whole xml into a <@DOM> and shoot it off to our client using <@URL>

 My question is this:

 If my syntax looks like this:

<@ASSIGN NAME="someDOMname" SCOPE="request" VALUE=<@DOM VALUE="<startthevvalues>
 <value1>Somevalue</value1>
 <value2>Somevalue2</value2></startthevalues>"

Why does Tango return this error message?

Main Error Number: -902

An error occurred while parsing the XML.
 Expected equal sign

 Meta Stack Trace:

 Line    Meta Tag
 000
2

*The meta stack is interpreted top-to-bottom: the top line shows the inner metatag that caused the error.

Line “2” of this particular resultshtml is the <@ASSIGN> syntax where I am trying to assign all the xml into the DOM variable. Am I missing something obvious here? I tried a soap approach, but it seemed to complicated, so I figured I would try something a little easier... What is the the expected “=” Tango is looking for?

 Any help would be great! Thanks!

 Kaustav Acharya

  Tango Programmer

   U. Inc.