Just food for thought, if you really start doing more with PHP, you really want to move more to a LAMP type setup. Mac is MUCH better than windows for php, because of its unix core. There is a lot of stuff you can read out there about poor performance of php on windows. Mac is fine, but one of the BEST advantages of using PHP, is taking advantage of all the code and useful stuff available to you out there, and most is written specifically for LAMP.

Also, to install modules and stuff, is as easy as....

sudo yum install php-pear

sudo yum install php-gd

Whatever. It is much more difficult on the mac. You will be looking for a solution one day, and find a great one, and find it depends on a couple of special modules, or something, and it will be a pain to get up in OS X.

Just food for thought. Also, LAMP provides the best performance per dollar I have seen.

--

Robert Garcia
President - BigHead Technology