I have a situation here that I find very puzzling. So I am going back
to the experts for advice.

   We have a few applications that, by their nature, perform thousands
of requests against a SQL database and return thousands of records. I am
quite sure that the coding of the application isn't as good as it could
be and we will look into rewriting it. Here's our issue: This program,
from start to the time it displays the returning page will take about 3
minutes. (stop groaning). We are testing this same application on a new
box containing 8 dual core cpu's. I would expect one of those cpus to be
pegged while Witango rips through these thousands of requests. Just the
opposite. The cpus indicate hardly anything happening on the box. The
same is true of SQL server. Even though I am literally throwing
thousands of requests at SQL 2005 I'm seeing virtually no cpu activity
on that box either.

   It looks almost like Witango is waiting for something, processes a
request, waits a bit more, processes the next request, waits again, etc.
The environment is Windows Server 2003. One Box is running Witango 5.5
with 8 dual core processors and the other box is Windows Server 2003
running SQL Server 2005. Yes, this program is coded and does some
looping but I would still expect it to run one heck of a lot faster than
it is.

   Any suggestions?

Gene Wolf
Supervisor, Business Systems
DRS Sensors & Targeting Systems-Optronics
2330 Commerce Park Drive NE
Palm Bay, Florida 32905
Phone: 321-309-0685
           321-309-0202 (fax)

Dictionary.com Word of the Day
http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.