Maybe this is a service WiTango could offer? If they would be willing to
offer WiTango hosting, say if you buy a dev studio you get 3 months free, a
server 6-9 months free depending on the version.

Yes, hosting is something that I take for granted because I host my own
servers, but there are many devs out there who don't and need an app server
somewhere.

As for 2000, that was 8 years ago. Obviously the Pervasive licensing didn't
work out for them. In those days us distributors were getting 30% off retail
as our reseller discount. I'm not sure what the distributor discount was
from WiTango, so I can't make a comparison. But, this allowed us to offer
incentives and discounts to customers. We were happy making 20% and giving
customers a 10% discount.

Given that, the new pricing is substantially less than 5.5. The professional
edition was $5136.00 USD and is now $1499.00. So, it's nice to see that
after WiTango stopped reseller channels, that they're passing on the
discount direct from WiTango. It's still priced higher than the mainstream
stuff, and will be a hard sell over other technologies. Naturally WiTango
has to recuperate its costs for development, but I feel that with a good
marketing and advertising plan combined with a lower price-point would bring
new developers to WiTango.

Volume is the key. Everyone doesn't eat at McDonalds because it's the best
food, they eat there because it's advertised everywhere (pardon the pun) all
the time! So even though WiTango is the best development platform, people
don't know it's the best. Just my humble opinion.

Rick