Hi Bill,

> I think the statistics are misleading, though, since by default, every IIS
> installation puts this line in the header:
>
> *x-powered-by:* ASP.NET
>
> You have to go to the trouble of removing it, or else port80 counts it as an
> ASP.NET server.

Actually, this only shows when IIS is on a machine that has the .NET framework
installed (not a standard feature on Server OS'), so by definition it is an
ASP.NET application server. But as to whether or not it has any actual ASP.NET
applications on it is another question.

The same could be said of some host providers, that install stuff like Perl and
PHP as part of their package, but people are just running static webpages.

Oh well.

Scott,