On 2/13/08 12:32 PM, "Ted Wolfley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in whole or in
part:

> Has anyone created or found a way to use witango to ftp a file from the local
> machine and not the server that witango is setting on?  I can successfully ftp
> from the witango server to the ftp site with the external action but witango
> canĀ¹t find the file on my workstation. I have found php pages on the web that
> I may have to use.
>
> Of course, I could wait for Witango 6 with its built-in ftp upload.

It may depend on the browser. We have a solution that requires the user to
enter the NAME of the file as well as select it for upload. And that's only
certain browsers, oddly enough! I have an additional field for the name.

I tell them to find the file on their hard drive, copy the name (added bonus
they know where it's located for the next "locate"). Then they go to the
website, paste the name in and click browse to find it.

FORM:
    <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="<@APPFILE>"
Name="LoadFiles">
                <input type="hidden" name="_afn" value="text" />
                    Text File:<input type="file" accept="text/*" name="text"
/>
                    Downloads File:<input type="file" accept="*/*"
name="linkDoc" />
                    &nbsp;&nbsp;(for browser compatability): enter the NAME
of the Download document: <input type="text" name="LinkDocName" />
                    Password:<input type="password" size="25" name="pass" />
                <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" /> <input
type="reset" value="Reset" />
            </form>

In the TAF:

    file: <@WEBROOT><@APPFILEPATH>downloads\<@ARG LinkDocName>
    data to write: <@ARG linkDoc>

Don't ask me to explain further, but it's what we had to do....

:)

Beverly Voth