Sounds like we need a Witango TCF to implement the Akismet API.

Bill

On Feb 28, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Scott Cadillac wrote:

Hi Folks,

I've seen pointless stuff like this myself in the past.

I actually wonder if the objective of the spammer is just to get the URL's into the web statistics data of the website so that some lone Admin or owner for the site might on the off-chance click on one of the addresses to figure out what's going, and potentially score a victim - however remote the chances are.

Referrer spam works like that. Random requests to your site, with custom crafted referrers. Some sites used to post their referrer list for interest sake, but I don't see that much anymore.

Just a thought.

Scott,