I just thought of another option. You could send a registered letter saying that the invoice will go to a collection agency if you don't receive payment by a certain date. Collection agencies have a lot of clout due to their ability to destroy your
credit rating.

Stefan

At 04:16 PM 1/14/2009, you wrote:
Hello Norman,

You want to do this with as little cost to you as possible.

Create a letter demanding a payment by a certain date. If they owe you $1000.00 ask for 1/3 or ½ within 7 days of receiving the letter or the next step is court. Send the letter registered and keep a copy. This way if you go to court, you have proof that you tried to ask for payment before going to court. Small claims is the best bet. It’s not expensive to file and you don’t need a lawyer.

Kind regards,

LogoSig

Rick Sanders
Webenergy
Canada: 902-431-7279
USA:Â Â Â Â Â Â  919-799-9076
Canada: <www.webenergy.htm>www.webenergy.ca
USA:Â Â Â Â Â Â  <www.webenergyusa.htm>www.webenergyusa.com

From: n...@no-worries.net [mailto:n...@no-worries.net]
Sent: January-14-09 4:56 PM
To: witango-talk
Subject: Witango-Talk: advice on how to get paid when client is reluctant

Hi All,

One of my clients has not paid me for work done in September. I was wondering if anyone had advice as to
how I can persuade them to pay up for the work I've done.

They claim that hard financial times are the reason but now no longer answer emails or phone calls. They are actually still advertising for web developers (contract and FTE) so they obviously do actually have the money.

thanks
Norman Wheatley