Robert, thanks for the info. If I succeed (ya right!) I'll let you know!

On 19-Feb-09, at 3:10 PM, Robert Garcia wrote:

Unfortunately, the online documentation makes no mention of it, so good luck, but look at the release notes for 5.5.020

Changes in Witango Server 5.5.020
---------------------------------
* Updated to the xerces library 2.7
* Updated to the xalan library 1.10
* @SORT works on user scope vars when USERKEY is <@APPKEY><@USERREFERENCE>
* @CALLMETHOD does a meta evaluation for all parameters
* empty <DSType/> elements default to ODBC (T2K bug)
* empty <DSType/> element warnings logged to witangoevents.log
* Fixed  several crashes caused by method calls from very large TCFs
* <@CIPHER> allows for UTF-8 encoding and decoding
* <@ARRAYTODOM> tag
* Apache 2.2 Plugin
* Several obscure crash conditions fixed
* Fixes to file cache to release TCFs in shared scopes under heavy load
* Minor optimisations to file cache structure
* Updated crypto library to latest version
* Fixed issue with socket status test routine in OS X web plug-ins
* Fixed bug to set time zones which were not whole hours.  e.g. +09:30
* Fixed crash condition when assigning values to null arrays in user scope
* Updated processor affinity on Windows to handle HT & Dual Core CPUs
* @CHOICELIST is xhtml compliant
* Processor Affinity now works with up to 16 multi-core CPUs
* Processor Affinity now works with up to 16 HT CPUs
* SQL syntax for FM8 now uses the LIKE % notation instead of the old FM = * notation

I don't remember how to call it, but I did test it a bit, and never got it to work correctly, and at the time, I was already abandoning witango for php 5, so didn't dig with it. The thing is, it doesn't allow witango to SPEAK utf-8, just spit it out. But I never experimented enough with how to spit that out into a db properly, I think I only got it to work if I used it to create a text file. Anyway, I spent many moons dealing with text encoding, with other languages and witango. Witango pretty much only handles 8859-1 correctly.

--

Robert Garcia
President - BigHead Technology