That sounds bad... look what bbedit say to encoding? utf8?

christian
Am 02.03.2009 um 15:19 schrieb Paul Wilson:

I am using BBedit to view the html files. View --> Text Display --> Show Invisibles: shows 30663 upside down question marks and that is it. Is it safe to assume my taf files are no longer text files? One of my working taf files does correctly display as an xml file in BBedit.

Paul

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM, John McGowan <j...@sevenac.com> wrote: The Witango Studio saves files with inconsistent newlines... try using a program like "dos2unix" or "unix2dos" to make the endline characters consistent.

/John

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Paul Wilson <pwilson....@gmail.com> wrote: It does not look too promising. The taf files appear to be empty in both of my XML editors. One of the files is 35KB and the other is 3.5KB in size. The only clue I have is an error is the following error when the file is loaded into Oxygen:

"This document contains long lines which may affect performance when opened in the text editor. The longest line contains 30662 characters. This warning is displayed for lines which contain more than 5000 characters (see the Open/Save page from Preferences)."

I will look into it further.

Paul

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:19 PM, John McGowan <j...@sevenac.com> wrote: Open the files up in a plain text editor, or XML aware plain text editor an look for xml syntax problems. Something is probably corrupt.

Hopefully you use some form of source code control, or revision control system like SVN or CVS etc.. so you can do a diff and see what's changed.

/John