I believe they produced versions 4.5, 5.0, and 5.5 so that everyone could
get what they wanted out of the software.

I don't know for sure, but I also believe that they had a level of success
with these versions that allowed them to recoup the costs for buying the
technology.

After that, I think they split their time with other projects.

At this point, I am very interested, excited even, about the prospect of an
open-source future to the software. I, for one, would like to setup and
manage my own branch of the software, incorporating various new and old
technologies, and just generally supporting the software in a way I can't do
today, both for my own hosting environment and for anyone who is interested.

Like most everyone else, though, I am frustrated at the amount of time that
the open-sourcing conversion and version 6 in general has been in
development. I still make a living with the software, I still code in it
everyday and still believe that the basic philosophy of Witango is viable.

If I thought I could get anywhere with it, I might even offer to purchase
the technology from them, last I heard, however, that was not something they
were interested in.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Robert

Tronics