On Apr 27, 2009, at 1:58 PM, Robert Shubert wrote:

but I also believe that they had a level of success with these versions that allowed them to recoup the costs for buying the technology.

It might have been that they obtained the software in exchange for maintaining it and supporting the user base.

I know (was told by a principle) that Starnine sold Webstar 3.02 to 4D for $1 under that type of arrangement.

The original investor no longer wanted to try and make a buck but didn't want to drop everything and leave the bad taste etc.

M./

Michael Heth
tangopo...@serversmiths.com