If it was doing results caching, it would prob be quicker than 34ms. A simple small query like that should never be over 100ms. .NET is not going to cache results by default. The DB may cache queries by default, but that would help either app server. The bottom line is that .NET and PHP have take HUGE leaps forward when it comes to native DB connectivity and optimization. This is one of the areas where I have spent most of my time profiling and optimizing and researching over the years. Witango is just way behind. I would venture further to say v6 isn't going to help. v6 will use JDBC which will have trouble competing with .NET native connections and PHP mysqli. (not php mysql, but mysqli)

--

Robert Garcia
President - BigHead Technology