Figured that out: I was running the installers from a network drive, and
Windows 7 only pretended it was running in compatibility mode. On
right-click, properties, compatibility tab, there was a prompt that said
compatibility mode could not be set on a network drive. I copied to C:\ and
the installers ran.

Bill