Wayne,

According to http://www.filemaker.com/products/compare/ only the Server
Advanced product supports ODBC/JDBC. If there is some way that I’m unaware of
that the client version can be used as an ODBC/JDBC data source, then Witango 6
should work with it.

As for whether or not Witango will again support native FileMaker connections,
I don’t have much more to say on that. The decision not to implement it in the
Witango Studio was made long before I bought it, so this is what I have to work
with. I would like to support as many configurations as I can, however, since
all databases support ODBC and/or JDBC, my focus is first to optimize those
protocols within Witango Server.

One option you may wish to experiment with is to use MySQL as your data store –
hookup Witango to drive the website and then hookup FileMaker as your desktop
data management. You’ll get to leverage MySQL as a well developed and stable
database engine and still use FileMaker to build a good looking management tool.

Robert