On 09/04/2013 12:55 PM, Wim Dumon wrote:
> I shared the zip file on google drive.
Thanks a lot

> Please let me know any issues you have. Double-click on a bat file to
> start the example, but watch out, not all bat files are Wt examples
> (this has to be cleaned up).
I made my tests under Windows-7-x86 and I noticed the following issues:

1) All binaries don't work until the user installs MS Redistributable
2012 package OR MSVS2012 (I got missing MSVCR110.dll error so I
downloaded
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679) which is
not available by default under Windows 7 (unless you build Wt with VS2008).
2) blog example doesn't work (404 Not Found)
3) client-ssl-auth example shows "Login" label only without the other fields
4) dbo-tutorials don't have .bat and source files
5) planner example doesn't work fine under IE8 (I know this dump ass IE :) )
6) simplechat doesn't work fine under FF18 :
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1010/6xw8.png
7) simplechat doesn't work fine under IE8 :
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2123/ywnq.png
8) I didn't saw GraphicsMagick libs!

I suggest too:

1) I suggest to put all the examples (binaries and sources) under
"example" folder.
2) I suggest to add Dbo backend for MySQL (I prefer MariaDB instead of
MySQL specially there are many organizations working on leaving MySQL to
MariaDB).
3) I suggest to add "documentation" folder which contains on docs of Wt.
4) helloqt example uses Qt4 where current modern versions are Qt5 so I
suggest to create a new example for Qt5 or you can modify current
version to be able to use under Qt5
5) I suggest to add I18N Example (similar to Qt example at:
https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtwidgets/tools-i18n.html) for showing
multi-language support with different layouts of RTL/LTR or you can
modify formexample (I can help you with Arabic). BTW, all GWT examples
shows multi-language support with multi-layouts.
6) Because this distro guided to MSVS developers I suggest to add .sln
files to all examples.

> I tested this on a small project; this is the CMakeLists.txt
I really hate CMake so I'll never use it unless I forced to; so is there
any reference or guidance to using Wt under Visual Studio 2012?

I created a new Console project then added the following paths to the
project but I got linking errors!
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6169/dvmu.png
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4004/7ov2.png

BTW, is there any hope in the near future to create a distro for Qt
Creator (MinGW) instead of OR additional to MSVS (Qt Creator took one
min. from me to start a Wt project under Mint)?

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi