From: jeffrey.scott.fles...@gmail.com
To: witty-interest@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 16:19:57 -0700
Subject: Re: [Wt-interest] Wiki page needed to list OS versions best for Wt

Thanks for the info, I blew that machine away, so I can not tell you the
problems I had, so I will install a new one and try installing devtoolset-1.1
and see how that works out, how did you install it?

I found this:

http://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/devtoolset/

rpm --import http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-cern

The instructions for installing Wt on CentOS and Ubuntu are not very up to date
if you ask me, I prefer to install from a Repo for many reasons, but still have
the latest stable version, if I had a good install I would try updating them,
but its version specific to CentOS 6.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, because
myhosting.com only offers those, and they are the cheapest VPS with 200 GB of
hard drive space I could find ($38 a month), so a List of good VPS host would
also be nice to add to the Wiki.

I am working on an install script (https://github.com/WittyWizard/install), but
it needs a lot of work, but the idea is that it will take every OS and version
into consideration, and install from a Repository, so it doesn't tank a
production machine, and is easy to upgrade.

Most of my problems seem to be Boost, and not Wt in general, and its only on
the VPS server, so I will setup a Virtualbox with all the OS's and versions,
and try to get it working right.

Thanks