I'm following lesson 2 (User Interface) on the WiX tutorial, and I noticed the tutorial seemed to be out of date because some of the examples did not seems to work correctly.  I poked around and finally got almost everything to work except for the Bitmaps are not showing up in my msi.  The reason it is not showing up is because I had to comment out  <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" /> in WixUI_Mondo.wxs.  If I don't comment it out, I get an error when I run light.  The error is listed below:

error CNDL0132 : Schema validation failed with the following error: The element 'Fragment' has invalid content.

My WixUI_Monodo.wxs looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2003/01/wi">
  <Fragment>

    <UI Id="WixUI_Mondo">
      <!--
         omitted all the stuff here, I used the WixUI_Monodo.wxs file from the tutorial
       -->
    </UI>

    <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" />

  </Fragment>
</Wix>

Here is what I did to create the WixUI_Mondo.wixlib with the custom UI.

candle.exe wixui\mondo\WixUI_Mondo.wxs wixui\*.wxs
lit.exe -out WixUI_Mondo.wixlib *.wixobj

I'm using the latest stable version of WiX.  This is really weird because I think <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" /> is in the right place.  Like I said before, I can get the custom UI to work if I removed the <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" />, but I don't get the Bitmaps.

Thanx in advance,

Aaron
http://aaronfeng.blogspot.com/