It's not something your mom'd install... Unless she happens to have a seriously large sum of money and a small corporation burning a hole in her pocket ;)

The product is a very specialized system which is installed only by very select customers... It is a mixed software/hardware/firmware system, with both a very large code base and a large number of custom hardware devices.

Because these devices are custom built (and their drivers too of course!), and more importantly, because their usage is so heavily restricted and some of them are even confidential, we cannot submit them to WHQL for testing...

This means that our poor users, select as they may be, end up having to click "Continue Anyway" anywhere between 20 to 50 (!) times during the installation... Needless to say, this is very frustrating...

I haven't got any problem signing my drivers, in fact, I've already purchased an authenticode signature and signed them! But there should be some way to allow such drivers to be installed without all the irritating messageboxes... This functionality seems to be available in Windows Server 2003 (and supposedly in Vista/Longhorn as well), but meanwhile, all of our users are on Win2k and XP boxes...

I know that it is possible to hack around the whole driver-signing thing, as I've seen it done before - just not in MSI...

At the moment, I've more or less given up on it, and have been forced to add instructions for how to *manually* disable driver signing to my release notes...

Please, tell me there's a better solution!?!?

Thanks,
Shmarya