From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shmarya Rubenstein
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:32 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Difx, Authenticode and Driver Signing

Hi all,

I have a driver package which I'm installing using DifX and WiX.

For various reasons (Cash, Time, Confidentiality...) I can't submit the driver to WHQL for certification. I would, however, love to get rid of the annoying boxes which are displayed during installation to warn [read: iritate] the user.

I read on various WDK/DDK pages that Authenticode signing the drivers should do the trick, but it seems that this is only applicable to Windows Server 2003+, which kinda sucks for my Win2K and XP users... BTW: I only found out that it doesn't work for XP and 2K, after purchasing a Thawte certificate and signing all the drivers - bleh :P.

I know that it is possible to ignore these warnings globally by changing a setting on the computer manually. I've also seen installations for drivers which automatically turn driver signing warnings off for the duration of the installation, and turn it back on when they're done.

Does anyone know how to acheive this?

Better yet, have I made a mistake with my authenticode signing?

Thanks,

--
Shmarya
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://shmarya.net