Thanks for the answer.

I may have not been clear enough :)

I have made a GUI that populates two comboboxes with both the websites
and application pools the given server has in IIS.
The person installing can then choose from the combobox what website
(Default or another) and application pool the package should be
installed to. The comboboxes gets populated by a script inserting the
values at runtime.

What I then wanted was to reference from that choice i.e. TARGETWEBCOMBO
combobox and use this var to set WebSite and AppPool to use.

<Control Id="WebSiteCombo" Type="ComboBox" X="18" Y="126" Width="120"
Height="100" Property="TARGETWEBCOMBO"

<WebSite Id="Something" Description="[TARGETWEBCOMBO]"

To see what the TARGETWEBCOMBO variable has at runtime I made a popup
box to display it.
As the combobox is made up of "Property", "Order", "Value", "Text", I
get the "Text" showing in the combobox (Default Web Site..)
When I reference TARGETWEBCOMBO in the xml code, it displays the "Value"
property (for Default Web Site this seems to be 1, and for others a
given number found browsing in IIS).

I wanted to use this "value" property through TARGETWEBCOMBO to set up
the install location dynamically at runtime.
But reading the doc it seems to me that one has to reference with the
name of the site not and the site number("Value")?
I am not sure if only the website name is enough for WiX to be able to
figure out where to install or if one also has to use IP/port.

So what I'm asking is this:
1. Is there a way to get the "Text" out of TARGETWEBCOMBO variable when
it seems to give the "Value" content instead.

2. Can I get WiX to install to a given Website and AppPool with only
using the names as reference in the code?

Thanks in advance!
Morten