Another thing you might try, if it's viable for your installer, is to
have it uninstall/remove the previous version and do a re-install. We do
this with our automated builds/deployments for Quality Assurance (which
may happen a few times a day on some projects.) Section four of 'the
tutorial' covers this:

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson4.php

Basically, create an upgrade code Id, make your Product and Package ID's
auto-generate (set them to "*") and put an upgrade section under your
product node that encompasses whatever you have set for your product
version. Ours looks a lot like this:

    <Upgrade Id="YOUR-UPGRADE-GUID">

      <UpgradeVersion OnlyDetect="no" Property="PREVIOUSFOUND"

        Minimum="2.0.0.0" IncludeMinimum="yes" Maximum="3.0.0.0"
IncludeMaximum="yes" />

    </Upgrade>

Just be sure your Product version is within the specified range.

This should un-unstall and re-install your entire package. Works for us,
anyway.

-Matt

  _____