From: TibTam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:35
To: Rob Mensching
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] memory usage

We have one wxs and many xmls with <include>. These xmls contain the
folders/files/registries. We have the UI in a different xml too.
If we can manage the xml files to be smaller, that can speed up the candle?

Rob Mensching wrote:
Do you have just one gigantic XML file or are you splitting your product into
many smaller .wxs files and letting the linker bring them back together?

There is nothing special in the compiler.  Normally it completes in seconds
because there is very little IO.  However, if you make one gigantic XML file
then candle is probably spending all of its time slogging through the
XmlDocument.