$149 and $199?  Wow, I wonder what we could charge for the WiX toolset.
<smile/>

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob MacFadyen
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 12:09
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] zip program for bootstrapper & msi

The ChilKat ZipToSecureExe is a _demo_ of their commercial ZIP component.

The commercial zip component allows for lots of things that are not part of the
free demo. Here's a link to the docs:
http://www.chilkatsoft.com/refdoc/xChilkatZip2Ref.html

Of specific interest: Changing icon, changing unzip directory.

On whole I found it a worthwhile purchase, and inexpensive at $149/developer.

For version # updating you can do this yourself... but you'll need to
investigate opening and writing resource sections in an EXE. I _know_ it can be
done with system calls from C/C++... I just can't recall the reference
(somewhere in msdn... maybe near/around PE File Format?). A quick google on
"write version resource in exe" also turned up this tool which seems to be
exactly what you need:
http://www.heaventools.com/command-line_resource_editor.htm

The $199 price seems a bit high... but if you don't want to spend a couple of
days mucking around with C/C++ then it's a steal.

Regards,

Rob