As always, thank you for your help, Bob.

I'll submit an enhancement request for Heat. It seems like we could add
a switch (perhaps in file-mode only if it is too giving us much rope for
directories) that would override the registry location, run an exe with
the regserver switch, capture the diff, and provide the desired
functionality. Slow and clunky, but functional. Perhaps if enough other
people find it useful, it will be worth the trouble to add the
functionality.

Eric Hybner wrote:

Do y'all have any pointers for extracting COM data from executable COM
servers?

Bob Arnson wrote:

The technique Heat uses to detect self-reg data only works on in-proc
servers. I don't think there's a way for Heat to support out-of-proc
servers.