I am using Wix toolset 2.0.4611.0 to create an msi for a product that
requires .Net framework 2.0. I have found help on how to check for the
presence of the framework e.g. at

http://blogs.msdn.com/robmen/archive/2006/10/17/wix-v3-syntax-for-detecting-the-clr.aspx

However I want my setup to launch Microsoft Component installer SDK or
.Net framewrok installer to automatically install the .Net framework if
needed. I can customize the component installer's PSetup.exe using its ini
file to launch my msi after it installs the prerequisites (.Net farmework
in this case), however the user experience is not quite good on a machine
where the framework is already installed because it (PSetup.exe) brings up
the "Installation complete" screen as the first screen in this case
(because the prerequisite already installed) and then launches my msi.

I wonder if I could use a custom action conditionally  to launch the .Net
framework installer to launch an exe (.Net framework installer) only if
the framework is not installed. I am new to WiX and have not yet used any
custom actions. I want to find out if it is possible to perform a custom
action only if a condition is met. If it is, how do I do this. Also is
this the right (recommended) way to do this sort of thing? Any help much
appreciated.

Thanks

Sandeep