You're not going to be elevated at that point in time...  you probably don't
have permissions to do that.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ricardo Lopes
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 7:33 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Variable inside property value not resolved

Hi,

I'm using a quit execution custom action to hide a folder at the end of the
installation, the folder is created by the installation. The installation
doesn't fail but the folder attributes remain intact.

And on the msi log i can see the variable inside the [ ] is not resolved and i
guess it should.

Here is the relevant part of my wix file:

      <Property Id="QtExecCmdLine" Value='"c:\windows\system32\attrib.exe" +S
+H [DocumentsFolder]' />
      <CustomAction Id="QtExec" BinaryKey="wixca" DllEntry="CAQuietExec"
Execute="immediate" Return="check" />
      <Binary Id="wixca" src=" wixca.dll" />

      <InstallExecuteSequence>
        <Custom Action="QtExec" After="InstallValidate" />
      </InstallExecuteSequence>

---
Ricardo Lopes